Bus transportation is available to students who are attending AMCS.
AM Bus service to AMCS is available as follows:
- Students ride the regular bus route from their neighborhood to their home high school; 7:10 am approximate arrival time at the high school
- Students ride the bus from the high school to King Career Center (KCC); 7:50 am approximate arrival time at KCC
- Students ride the bus from KCC to AMCS; 8:10 am bus departs from KCC for AMCS (for those wishing to pick up the route at KCC)
8:25 am approximate arrival time at AMCS
8:40 am first class block begins
Early PM return bus service from AMCS to the high school is available as follows:
- Third class block ends at 12:45 pm
- Students ride the bus from AMCS to KCC; 1:15 pm approximate arrival time at KCC
- Students ride the bus back to their high school; 1:50 pm approximate arrival time at high school
- Students ride the bus back to their home or stay for after school activities
Late PM return bus service from AMCS to regional drop off sites:
- Fifth block ends at 3:45 pm
- Bus will leave at 3:50 pm and drop off at regional sites
- Regional sites will be determined based on ridership and the physical address of students
Parents and students can look up the bus route to their home high school on the district transportation website: http://busroutes.asdk12.org/Students/BasicTransBoundarySearch.aspx
Note about class schedules: UAA classes are offered in five blocks of approximately 80 minutes over the course of the day. Students who wish to take the early bus back to their home high school in order to catch a bus home or to participate in after school sports and activities will need to work with the UAA academic advisor and their AMCS counselor to ensure they are not scheduled for classes in blocks four or five.
AMCS Boot Camp runs August 21-25.
The AM bus service and Early PM bus service will run on a normal schedule throughout the week. The Late PM return bus will leave earlier during Bootcamp week. It departs the CERC campus at 3:00 pm.
Main Campus Tour
On Wednesday, August 23rd, AMCS students will take a field trip to UAA’s main campus in Anchorage. Students need to be at Rasmuson Hall at 8:45 am.
Morning Bus Information
- Students who ride the bus in the morning will take their normal route from their home high school to KCC. Once at KCC they will meet an AMCS faculty and walk over to main campus.
- For Chugiak and Eagle River Students, a bus will leave the CERC campus at 8:10 am to take students to main campus.
- Students are also welcome to drive themselves; however, they will need to pay for parking on UAA’s main campus.
Afternoon Bus Information
- Students who need to return to their home high school by 2:00 pm to catch a bus home or to stay for after school activities will take the bus from KCC, departing at 1:25 pm.
- For Chugiak and Eagle River Students, the bus back to the CERC campus leaves at 2:00 pm from the Consortium Library.